|It looks like I have gotten things working so I can log in here on RA with my SoMad account.
Here is a quick recap of what messed things up (hopefully this can help somebody else some day):
- I had my SoMad account on CodeProject and it was linked with my SoMad account here.
- After 12 years I changed jobs and had to change my email address, which I did on CP.
- After the change of address, I was unable to log in here on RA.
- I changed my email address on CP back to the old address and I could log in again.
- I tried changing the address here on RA, but that just made me unable to log in on CP, so I reverted back to the old address.
- On CP, I tried configuring my new email address and link to my Facebook account, which had the same email address. DO NOT DO THAT. This created a new account here on RA, linked to the SoMad accounts on CP and RA. Chris eventually deleted the new shadow account, but every time I connected to RA, it would try to log in with that, non-existing account.
I don't know if you guys changed something to handle email address changes across the sites, but today I got it working using these steps (3 email addresses):
- On CP: Change my email address back to the old one, which made it possible to log in here on RA.
- On RA: Change my email address to a brand new, 3rd email address. This was reflected in my CP account (that did not happen on my previous attempts several months ago).
- On RA: Change my email address back to my preferred email address.
So far, everything seems to work.
Well, the solution above turned out not to work after all (I could log in and out from RootAdmin just fine and navigate on CodeProject without errors, but after closing and reopening the browser, I was unable to log into CodeProject). Settling on my new, 3rd email address in My Settings has solved the problem, so that is what I am going with.
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase #DuckDynasty
modified 11-Jan-14 21:55pm.