First, select "SysAdmin questions" from the dropdown menu at the top of the site.
Next, enter your question or "subject." Make sure to that your subject is between 20 and 250 characters, and between 3 and 50 words.
When you have written your article in another program and wish to paste it into the message form there are a few options you have of how your text is treated. Below is a description of each possible choice and a visual display of what it looks like pasted in the wizard, as well as what you will see in the auto-display window when you paste.
- Strip HTML: HTML markup will be removed from the text.
- Encode HTML: Paste text will be automatically HTML encoded.
- Paste as-is: Clipboard will be pasted as-is, preserving HTML tags and entities.
- Code block: Clipboard text will be wrapped in PRE tags and content HTML encoded, always.
- Quoted Text: Clipboard text will be pasted within a quote block.
- Best guess: Sniff pasted text to see if it contains code and wrap in PRE blocks if it does.
When you have finished your question, hit "Post Message"